Monday, March 16, 2009

Heroine Rids Galaxy Of Threat: Uhlek Brain World Destroyed!

It was time to finally deal with those nasty Uhlek once and for all. Working on information gained from the Spemin (yeah, I know), I made my way deep into Uhlek space, jumping at every stray encounter. There was only one, and I was sure I was dead. But it was only a Minstrel. Pesky poety thing, shoo now! You scared me half to death! You should be ashamed of yourself. Anyway, on arriving at the Uhlek Brain World (not Brian World, as the codewheel program would have it), I scooped up as many creatures as I could. Let's face it: nobody was gonna see them in their native environment again any time soon. I dropped one of my black egg devices, then got back into the ship and lifted off.

Once back in orbit, I took a last look at the Uhleks' brain and waved farewell. I received a countdown from the black egg, and then... no more Uhlek! Do the happy dance with me! Due to technical difficulties I can't present a screencap of the fateful moment at this time (Silly VLC player! You do not play nicely with screencapping!). Now I don't have to worry about anyone brutally murdering me or my crew. 'Cos I can take the rest of the races in this game. Me an' my ship, bristling with weaponry. Grr. Next stop: the Crystal Planet!

2 comments:

  1. Starflight is the best - Truly one of my very favorite games of all time, and a gem that so few people seem to have experienced. I played the Genesis version, but later went back and played through on PC as well. Of course, nostalgia (and the improved graphics and sounds/music) make me partial to the Genesis version... but it's a great game no matter how you slice it.

    I enjoyed your posts. It's good to see there are like-minded gamers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Todd! I've been playing Starflight 2 recently -- I should be posting about that. :)

    Old-school PC game nostalgia fans unite!

    ReplyDelete